Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Belated Valentine's Day

It seems every year it's harder to find a babysitter on Valentine's Day, so we have stopped looking. On Monday, I put the kids to bed at 6:30pm. They had a busy day, so they were tired anyway (at least that's what I tell myself.) I set up the kitchen table with bamboo, candles, and chopsticks and went and got a big tray of sushi. it was delicious. For dessert, I made some chocolate fondue dip. We had pineapple, strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, and brownies bites to dip in it. A very healthy dessert;) haha It was actually very nice to stay home and the kids actually went right to sleep, so it was very relaxing.

3 comments:

The VanderHoevens said...

What a sweet wife! We went to McDonalds for an ice cream cone and then to see twilight at the $2 theater which was starting out to be a nice evening until Zach decided to use his new cooing voice the entire time.

Heidi said...

Very nice. I want to do fondue! I was going to do that on Vday but then I was too lazy to figure it out. I am sure it is easy...right??

Matt and Carla said...

Sometimes those stay at home holidays are the best as far as the memories go as well! Sounds like a yummy treat for the two of you!