Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Wild Life

Yesterday, Ayden came running in the house telling me about the "hugest rat on earth" that he saw. I wasn't sure what he saw until today when we were eating lunch. I said to the kids, "Look there's a cat at our back door." Then I noticed a rat-like tail. Ewww. It was a possum! I thought possum were supposed to be nocturnal animals. Am I mistaken? Anyways, then Ayden told me that that was the rat he saw yesterday.

Isn't this bear a cutie
I finished up the deer by putting grass over his nonexistent hooves
Do you think the tree leaf part is big enough?? I am not sure if it looks unbalanced...let me know!
After running out to get more paint I returned home to spend the next five hours painting Ashten's room. I still need to put another coat and touch up the tree and paint the bedroom doors. Armand will put the moldings around the window and then it will be done. I can't wait. I was getting worried that we wouldn't finish in time for his birthday on Saturday, but I think I am back on track.

6 comments:

The VanderHoevens said...

I can not believe how good those animals are turning out! You rock!

J and H Hunsaker said...

You ROCK!!! want to come to Jareds room. You are so talented.

Matt and Carla said...

Looks great~!

Megs said...

That looks awesome, I want to share Ashty's room!! Great job!

Wesley and Kristin Betenson said...

Your such a good mom. Now come Do Wesley's room, he wants a little mermaid theme...

The VanderHoevens said...

Can you please update your blog - I really can't look at that possum anymore ;)