Saturday, March 28, 2009

Best Rest Stop Ever and Dumbest Move Ever

My boys at Lumberjack's Me and the boys
AJ's lips. He made this face pretty much the whole trip. He started speaking sentences this week. No joke!! He can say: I want down, I want juice, I want doggy, Thank You. It's so amazing how fast he went from saying only Mommy and Daddy, to sentences.
Ashten, Anderson, and Ayden at the Rest Stop
This morning we got up and went swimming again. We were hoping to have the kids burn some energy, so they'd sleep for the drive to the next stop. Afterwards, we went to breakfast. Our hotel includes a free breakfast at Lumberjack's Restaurant. This is when we started realizing that Anderson had stopped eating. He hardly ate a bite and from this point on he continued to not eat for the rest of the trip. He didn't show any other symptoms of not feeling well though, so hopefully he will make up for it in the coming week. We stopped at a rest stop at Klamath River. It was so pretty from the road that Armand had to see what it was. Once we took the exit we realized it was a rest stop. I'm not sure what made it so cool, but we all loved it. They had lots of picnic tables and benches to watch the river, the grass was alive and healthy, and it had a visitor's center. We are easily amused I suppose. After that we headed to Eugene, because that's where I THOUGHT our reservation was. Unfortunately, I didn't realize my mistake until we arrived at our supposed destination. We were actually supposed to stay in Medford, which we had passed 300 miles before. This was a non-refundable reservation, so I was SO stressed, but we got it all worked out for $37.00 extra:( We went to dinner and then went to bed. I had a horrible headache, and all of us were lacking in sleep. There is a reason why people have their own bedrooms, and this trip confirmed that.

No comments: