Sunday, March 29, 2009

What's That Smell?

Anderson, Armand, Ayden, and Ashten My big boy
Armand
Sea Lions
Checking out the skeletons
The Hecta Lighthouse
The kids watching the sea lions
Our famliy at the cave. It was really windy... can you tell?
AJ finally got a little sleep at lunch time.
We wanted to go to The Sea Lion Caves, so we got up bright and early (partially because we had three kids wide awake). We had breakfast, packed up, and drove the 1.5 hours to the cave. The weather was crazy, we were definitely not in California anymore. It was sunny, then raining, and hailing, then sunny again. It was SO windy walking down to the elevator at the cave. I have been there before when I was young, but Armand and the kids hadn't. After talking about it all weekend, the kids were so happy to be there. The sea lions were so loud and stinky! Almost as soon as we got there the kids were asking, "What's that smell?" After we checked out everything, we hit the road. We decided that it would be fun to drive up 101. We stayed on 101 until it was time for me to "go to class." We stopped in the tiny town of Willamina, and stole free Internet from some unsuspecting family, so that I could attend my last seminar of the term. From there we decided to get to I-5 and get home. It was a long trip but, it was so nice to get away!

3 comments:

Sarah J. said...

I love how you guys are so adventurous! What fun!

Matt said...

Someone once said I smell like a sea lion. I suppose I shouldn't have taken that as a compliment. hmmm.

-Matt

Megs said...

Fun times!! If it were me I would have wanted to fly down, stay at a place with a pool and then fly home!! hhahahahahaha I'm not big on road trips but I guess we miss out on a lot that way!!