Monday, March 30, 2009

Big Boy Bed

AJ 's last time in the crib.The escape attempt

Anderson with his new bed
Good night Cutie
Midnight bed check
None of the other kids have ever climbed out of their cribs, so I was shocked this morning when I heard AJ's doorknob turning. My first thought was: Oh no someone broke in through his window. This is totally irrational, I know!! I just had never had that experience before so I guess it seemed more reasonable than my "baby" climbing out of bed. haha. In the evening, I prepared his room for him: big boy bed, outlet covers, all the childproofing necessary. After dinner we went through the bed time routine, and stuck him in bed. There was some crying and trying to escape, but after a few minutes he was out. Just before midnight I went in to check on him and he was laying on the floor. He can't climb into bed, with his short little legs:( How did he ever manage to climb out of his crib?

5 comments:

~verna said...

I was just browsing blogs tonight and came across yours. I think your family is beautiful and this little guy is so cute! Made me chuckle to read this post. Best to you.

Matt and Carla said...

What a cutie, seriously he's such a cute little guy...he looked so sweet at the wedding a few weeks back when your mom was holding him when he was so sleepy.

Megs said...

I can't believe he's already big enough for a big boy bed!! That pic is adorable of him all tucked in!!

J and H Hunsaker said...

that is so precious him on the floor hey atleast he looks comfy

Heidi said...

Ha ha. Little monkey