Friday, January 16, 2009

Fish Face

AJ with his fish mask on AJ couldn't breathe last night. I knew it was coming, he seemed wheezy around noon and all day he got progressively worse working up to a deep cough. I gave him a treatment with the nebulizer before he went to bed. Later, when I was about to go to sleep, he woke up calling for me and breathing even worse. I gave him a second treatment and let him stay up for about an hour to watch him since it didn't seem to be working. He has come along way since that first treatment of having 3 people hold him to now holding it himself. Anyway, he went back to bed at midnight but at 1am he woke up screaming, I had brought out the baby monitor so after listening for 10 minutes I decided I better go check on him. He had thrown up everywhere. (Turns out I should have read the directions. I am supposed to only give him one every four hours and I'd given him 2 in 3 hours. The first time he had a problem, the doctor gave him 4 in one hour so I thought I was good, but then I remembered that he had thrown up after that session too.) I had to clean his bed, carpet, wall, and give him a bath, then once I got him back in bed at 2am, I had to start the laundry. Needless to say it was a long night. On top of this, he has 3 more molars coming in, so he has been mean and cranky for the past 2 days. I hope he outgrows this soon.

2 comments:

Cook family said...

He is so dang cute. Thats really sad that he has to have breathing treatments.Poor little guy.

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

oh, i'm so sorry. the nebulizer is no fun, along with the puke! izy's had to use the neb quite a few times and it's sad but cute when they get to where they will hold it themselves and not fight it....i think she finally started to figure out it helped her!