Tuesday, July 22, 2008

O, how we love to go camping?

Ashten and Ayden
Look at Ashten's pretend sleeping...kind of scary! This is how the tent looked just after midnight when I went to check up on them...EMPTY!
I thought that it was the perfect night for a backyard camp out. So i brought out pretty much the world's smallest tent thinking it only takes a minute and a half to set up and me and the big boys should be able to fit in here fine. The kids were sooo excited! They got all their blankets, pillows, and "babies" aka stuffed animals and filled the tent up. We went through the bedtime routine: jammies, teeth brushing, prayer, and stories. Then, it was time for bed, I told them I would come out when I was ready to sleep. Of course even when in the house they stay up and play in their rooms until 9:30pm or so so I didn't expect anything less. One time I went out and the tent was literally standing on its roof upside down. They picked blueberries and snuck in the house to get water and so on. When it finally got dark, they came in and said they wanted to sleep in the house so Armand and I moved all their stuff including the tent in to their bedroom. (I was secretly happy because by then, I had realized that there was no room in the "inn" for me to sleep in there.) Then they got all cozy in their tent and were silent after that. I heard Ayden screaming around midnight so I went in to see what was the problem. He was standing on his bed looking for the door but could not see it because the tent was in the way. The tent was empty, both boys had chosen to sleep in their beds. We'll have to try again on the weekend, even Daddy said he would come and sleep out there with us if we waited til then...I think we'll have to bust out the 3 bedroom tent next time.

3 comments:

J and H Hunsaker said...

How cute!!! If only my two would stay in a tent LOL

Matt and Carla said...

Very funny, I'm surprised they ended up in their beds..I got a kick out of that one! So we'll see you guys next weekend at the ocean right?!

amie979 said...

o crap i jsut read the email but I didnt realize it was this weekend HAHA. Thanks for telling me!!