Wednesday, July 30, 2008

An {Unplanned} Day At The Beach

I think Anderson has issues with looking at the camera.
Ayden and Ashten's volcano, "Watch out Mommy it's going to shoot out at you!"
My little Sand Angel
Someone (not from playgroup) brought a bunny...I'm sure they regretted that decision.
Here's Ben taking a turn petting it.

Spencer stayed clean for a few minutes

AJ's first swing ride...He was not impressed

Look what I found!The weather was questionable this morning but we decided to head over to Dash Point Park anyways to just play at the little playground there. I was completely not prepared for water activities. The kids played on the toys there for about three and a half minutes before they ran to the water and were soaked and sandy. The weather was actually perfect for my liking not too hot but definitely not cold. AJ LOVED the water and walked right out to it but did not like it if he fell on his bottom in it. Ayden and Ashten had so much fun finding shells and digging holes. Ayden's favorite part: "Digging water pools". Ashten's favorite part: "When I emptied Mommy's pop and filled it with sand".

ALSO: AJ can walk! I've been meaning to blog about AJ being able to walk now for awhile but usually when he sees the camera come out he gets down and crawls to me as fast as he can. I finally caught him on tape! Here he is before the sand and water!

2 comments:

The VanderHoevens said...

That was a lot of fun today - being prepared for the beach would have made things easier - maybe a chair or two - but if your kids can't get wet and dirty ever, then life would never be fun!

Stephanie said...

A.J. looks so cute walking; and so comfortable! It looks like you all had fun, I wish we could have come- we decided to try Katie at the movie theatre for the free movie since it was a Veggie Tales movie. Splashing in the water may have been a better idea though.