Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Strawberry Fields Forever

The Playgroup Ayden found a ripe one
Ashten's searching hard
Anderson kicks back with some milk and his friend Ella
"Cheeeeseburger"

AJ is SO happy to be out of the sun and on his way home.
Our haulHaley and I with our jam.
Lots of friends came to QFC this morning to meet up and head to the U-Pick in Fife. The boys had an awesome time picking strawberries. They were excellent helpers and we got a pretty big haul (even though it's the VERY end of the season so it was harder to find good berries to pick.) They did very good at NOT eating any berries until I said it was time to go...then it was on! They were walking down the rows shoving them in as fast as they could. It was SO funny! AJ didn't know what was going on of course, until Sarah V. gave him a strawberry, once he knew this adventure was all about food he screamed between each berry. His love of food is cute for now. . . Anyways, when we left I was thinking, I don't think I'll get much jam out of this, but after playgroup Haley and her kids came over and we got to work. So far I have 3 batches and still have more to make, I hope I get a year's supply...it would be my only food storage. haha

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, go you and Hailey! I was going to make jam, but Katie did not pick tons and I think she'll eat them all in a few days. And I just posted about this to my blog and used the same title; I was signing the song to Katie while we picked strawberries and obviously was not the only one with the Beatles on my mind.

Megs said...

Dang Gina, that's a lot of Jam, hook a sista up!!! I wish we could be there too!! Miss you lots, love you!

Anonymous said...

You got tons!!! Mine only made 1 big jar and 1 med jar and then i'll prob get 4-6 jars of raspberry that I bought... I guess I need more kids to help me pick :) Thanks for the idea- it was fun!!

Matt and Carla said...

Well Molly! Look how ambitious you are, that's great! The pictures you got of the boys picking strawberries are cute.

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

hey, if you have left over smashed up berries freeze them and put them in lemonade or make popsicles. they are so delicious.