Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Fun

Ashten getting ready to dip his first egg. Ayden
Anderson was so funny. He was sleeping during the first part of the egg dying. When he woke up and climbed up to see what we were doing he kept pointing at the eggs in the dye and saying "It a ball!"
Ayden with his favorite egg
Cheesy Ashty with his fave egg
Ayden and Ashten prepping for Peep Wars '09.
My boys
Ayden v. Ashten
Yummy peeps
After my quilt class today, I came home and helped the kids dye their Easter eggs. This is the first year that I was brave enough to attempt it with the boys. They really did pretty good. Ayden is a little bit on the clumsy side (a side effect of walking at an early age hehe), he dropped about 3 of his eggs and broke them. It gave us an excuse to eat them I suppose. The boys favorite part was coloring on the egg first with the white crayon. Afterwards, I set the three kids up to play Peep Wars. This was the first time I have ever played it, but I remember Megan used to do it with her family. First, I got on You Tube and showed the kids a video of what would happen, then we began our wars. Ashten was our first annual Peep War winner! The kids LOVED this part, and loved eating the left over peeps.

No comments: