Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

The baskets BEFORE the kids devoured them. The Easter Bunny brought them all new jammies, they also got movies, sandals, and lots of healthy-ish snacks.
Cute boys
Could they be any cuter?
Last night the boys put out their Easter baskets, along with carrots for the bunny. Ashten was very concerned because he thought that the bunny a)would steal his Easter eggs, and b)needed some cookies. I tried to explain that bunnies don't actually steal and that they don't eat cookies. After much consideration we decided that the bunny would be happy with the carrots and a bowl of water. I think it was a perfect compromise. This morning the kids got up and told us that the Easter bunny brought them "things". I got up snapped some pics and rolled back into bed, but not before warning them not to eat all the food in their baskets. Luckily, the bunny was smart and brought fruit cups, juice, rice cakes, and other mostly healthy snacks. I was not too shocked when a couple of hours later the food was no where to be found, just traces of litter of course. Armand made us a big breakfast, then we headed to church. Afterwards, we had dinner at Mom and Dad's house. Thanks for the delicious dinner!! We did not do an egg hunt, needless to say it was raining, I believe this is the third year in a row that we've had to forfeit. Actually, I think one year Mom had the kids over on a random sunny day to take care of that (honestly though, I'm happy that there is no candy in the house;)

1 comment:

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

your boys were super cute on sunday. my kids got jammies too! good idea with the healthy snacks. we've had way too much candy lately and i'm totally addicted (not that I ever wasn't, but it's worse when it's around!) currently shoving jellybeans in my mouth as i type!