Sunday, June 21, 2009

Double the Kids Double the Fun

Ayden feeding his goat Ashten trying to feed his goat while Doggy tries to steal the bottle
Ashty
Before we went to Disneyland, we had decided that we were going to buy some goats, so that they would eat our blackberry bushes. Today is the day that we went to pick them up. Armand decided that we had to get three goat kids, one for each of our kids. Easy for him to say;) They are 7.5 weeks old, and still need to be bottle fed. We are in the process of weaning them. Anyway, we thought we could block them into a small area of the yard, but they are way smarter than we thought. Now they just roam around our yard and are not fenced in at all. They love to eat the dandelions, everyday they clear out the whole yard of them, and in the morning new ones have grown in and the goats clean them out again. Armand and I have named the big boys goats: Pibb and Pepper. Anderson's goat was given a name by himself, and that is: Doggie (of course).

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, how long are you going to keep them for? I've been working all summer to get my dandelions under control, I should borrow one sometime ;)

amie979 said...

I don't know I guess we'll just keep them as long as they stay around the house. You can pick them up anytime. They will love your dandelions!!

Anonymous said...

How fun for your kids! Olivia would be in HEAVEN! At the zoo- feeding the goats is her favorite part I think :)!

Matt and Carla said...

Oh my goodness what a super fun and great idea! And one for each kid, that's perfect. So goats=no more mowing right?! You guys look like you've been having a fun summer and keeping busy and entertained which always makes life more exciting and memorable!

J and H Hunsaker said...

sweet send them over my direction my neighbors have a HUGE bunch of blackberry bushes

The VanderHoevens said...

What happened to the names my kids gave them - Yoshi, & Peanut Butter? - they feel so snubbed ;)