Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Terrible Two's Have Begun

The fish cake
Ayden, Grammy, Toni, AJ, and Ashten Kristin, Wes, Ashten, and Papa
AJ walked around with his hot dog like this even after it fell on the ground
Opening his presents
AJ blowing out the two candles. He was trying to put them out with his fingers at one point.
Since we were on the road for AJ's birthday yesterday, we have no pictures. Besides he was too cranky after being in his car seat for more than 24 hours (with a little break here and there of course). Today, is AJ's birthday party. I already had the fish theme in mind because I thought it would be so cute to make a fish out of a round soccer ball pan. I usually decide on my theme depending on what cake I feel like making. I spent the morning making the cake, I think it turned out pretty cute and kind of funny looking. After the cake was done I worked on the salads and other food prep. I was semi-stressed because the party was set to be at Alderwood Park, but the weather looked bad and weather.com said it should rain from 4-6pm right during the party. I cleaned up the house and set up some chairs, but then after talking to Mom, I decided people could deal with the weather. Luckily, it stayed decent. My kids loved that they could play on the big toy while the grown ups ate and visited. Our plan was to move our grill to the park but it wouldn't fit in the Tahoe so we ended up having Armand cook the meats at home and then running them across the street to the party. After dinner, AJ opened his presents. I think Ashten was more excited about the gifts than AJ was. He kept making these funny faces like he was amazed at how cool AJ's gifts were. I wish I could have snapped a picture. Anyway, then we sang 'Happy Birthday' and cut into the fish cake. We had a good time and it was nice to return to a clean house.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Your cakes put my cakes to shame. You are so good. You should go into business. I'd buy a cake from you. Happy Birhtday Anderson!

The VanderHoevens said...

That cake is so cute! Sorry Ben couldn't make it to the party.

Anonymous said...

You are so good at making cakes- seriously that fish is absolutely darling!