Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sea World

Ashten, Ayden, Grammy, Anderson, and Papa feeding the seals Look at the look on Ashty's face when a bird swooped in and stole the fish from him
The Dolphin Show During the dolphin show we sat in the splash zone, they aren't kidding.
Brad, Taylor, Britany, and Tana
Ayden didn't love the salty water burning all his little cuts on his knees. Seriously, if I had a dollar for every time one of my kids fell on this trip I would be very rich!
My boys checking out the flamingos they were fascinated that the birds could stand on one leg.
There was this spray park inside of Sea World. It was every mom's worst nightmare. There was no gate or anyway to keep them in that part of the park and it was a huge area. So being that there are 3 kids versus 2 adults, it was very crazy. Luckily, everyone was found, but just in case I had written my cell phone number on all of the boys' bodies. Next trip like this I will bring a sharpie!
The kids visiting the Clydesdale, mostly for Armand's entertainment.
Tana waiting for everyone to get back from riding the Atlantis roller coaster.
Taylor
AJ was watching for Daddy to come down the waterfall part
Brad, Ayden, and Armand on the Journey to Atlantis
Ashten ended up chickening out so Britany brought him back to me.
The calm before the storm
Brad, Me, and Armand We stopped in to see this show, it was like Saturday Night Live it was pretty funny. This is the Shamu impersonator (the walrus). Were laughing our heads off!
Walking through the shark tank
Our first Shamu show
This morning we woke up, had breakfast, and went to buy some shoes (my feet were dying) and Armand just wanted some shoes. Brad, Britany, and the girls, and Mom and Dad all trekked down to San Diego, about an hour away. It was a beautiful day despite the weather forecast of low 60's and possible rain. I don't think I had ever been to Sea World before so I was surprised that had rides there. It is a really cool park. Our favorite parts were the shows especially if we got to get wet. We also went on the rides. The best one there was the water roller coaster. Almost as soon as you got on it you were dropping down a water fall, then there was this elevator that the car rolled into that lifted you up while tipping you side to side...very creepy. Ayden and Ashten had been on some big rides at Disneyland, but for some reason they did not want to go on it. Ayden went once and then said he wouldn't go again, but I wanted him to come with me so I tried bribing him with choosing anything out of the gift shop, he must have been pretty traumatized because he wouldn't even consider it. Anyway, we watch a few shows, ate WAY too much (Armand). They had this deal where you pay so much and you can eat all day whenever, whatever you want. Armand's goal was to make his money back and then some. We were successful. I think everyone in our group helped him achieve that goal. Anyway the coolest part of Sea World was the end of the day when they do the nighttime Shamu show. It was great with cool lights, good music, and Shamu of course. Anyway, after a long day we had no hotel to go to so we had Dad find us a hotel on Hotwire and paid only $60 for a super nice hotel. (Which made me even more annoyed about paying $53 for the Motel 6). When we got to our room I worked on my finals a bit, while everyone else crashed. It has been so easy to get the kids to sleep this week. I am loving it;)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

So much fun! I LOVE Sea World. What a great trip, and it is so great that your family could meet you there as well for Disneyland and Sea World. I bet the boys loved it.

Is the splash park new? I don't remember it from when we were there, but then again we didn't have kids then so maybe I just missed it.

J and H Hunsaker said...

I sounds like you guys had an awesome trip!!!!! FUN I want to go