Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Roof Over Your Head Day

We made houses out of cardstock just the way I made them in elementary school. It brought back lots of memories. Ashten was very excited to be allowed to use my tape.
Ayden with his finished projectAshten was way excited about his (semi-finished) house.
You probably think I'm kidding but today is National Roof Over Your Head Day. I was simply looking for a fun holiday craft to do today and up popped a list of all kinds of interesting holidays: Here's the link if you want to celebrate some of them yourself: http://holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/december.htm
NROYHD is "a day of appreciation for the things we have, starting with the roof over our heads. For most of us, a roof over our head signifies living in a house that protects us from the elements, keeping us warm, dry, and cozy. Unfortunately, not everyone is as lucky as you and I. There are millions of people around the world who live in poverty or disaster areas, and do not have a home to keep them comfortable and safe."
I am actually very grateful that I stumbled upon this. I have been having a bad attitude about our house and all of it's problems (and I've been especially missing our previous home) when I should be thankful for what I have.

1 comment:

Matt and Carla said...

What a wonderful day, never heard of it either until I read your post! And I agree, a roof is a good thing...fun houses you made w/ the boys!