Sunday, November 30, 2008

O Christmas Tree!

Ashten was trying to reach as high as he could. The bottom was jammed packed while the top was bare.
Ayden was doing very well at spacing them out
Isn't he so cute!!
My three boys with the completed tree.
Good job boys!Me and my boys
We almost always set up our Christmas tree and decorations after church on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. So after the kids and I took a long nap, Armand and I got out all of the decorations from the garage. Of course, when I went to set up our tree I remembered that last year I had put new lights on it and only got a third of the way done. Doing lights is my biggest pet peeve. So I called Mom and Dad who had bought a tree for me on Black Friday, I was going to buy it from them so we could use it this year but they decided that I could just have this present early! Thanks! You are life savers!! After the boys and I got home from picking it up we spent the next two hours getting it all decorated. They were so excited. Even AJ was getting into it putting ornaments on the tree, but he pulled off more than he put on. We had to remove all the bottom glass ornaments and move them up high. I hope he doesn't do too much damage. When the other boys were little we had years with a tree on top of the dining room table, a year with no tree, and years with strings of cereal and bells, because it was the only things they couldn't really destroy. This year I am just going for it because I think between the four of us we can keep AJ away from the tree.

4 comments:

Megs said...

How fun, your tree looks great!! It sounds like you had some busy Thanksgivings!! You have lots to be thankful for, including being so close to so much family!!! Miss you lots, onto Christmas!!!!

Stacie said...

Your boys are so dang cute! Your such a fun and crafty Mom!

Heidi said...

Lights are also my biggest pet peeve!! I hate putting them on the tree...

Matt and Carla said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like to put on the lights! I think mainly because it takes so long and the kids are always just so eager to get to the decorations already! Although this year we learned a trick, instead of going all of the way around the tree a bazillion times (this helps in the taking off bit as well, you can just pull and whallah vs. going around and around again to dislodge them) I hope I can expain this in words w/o drawing a pic or demonstrating. Okay, so you go around until you were to go around again (the starting point) but instead of going around again turn the lights going back the same direction you just came from (so if you were going clock wise go back counter clock wise) and repeat, does that make any sense? Well, it worked out great, Matt stood on one side of the tree and I on the other and we just handed it back and forth looping it back the direction that we came from. I just know that last year taking the light off of the tree was a mess for me, they got all tangley...I'm hoping this year it'll be easier with this trick???