Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's Party Time...Finally

Ayden Ayden, Great Grandpa Anderson, Great Grandma Anderson, Grammy, Ashten, and BenKristin, Wes, Papa, Toni, and AydenAshten, Ben, Josh, Ayden, AJ, and MommyAyden opening his new CD player from Grammy and PapaAshten was shot in the face by Daddy and a Nerf gunSo was little AJ...maybe Daddy needs to have the "we don't shoot people" talkAyden and his dinosaur cake. He couldn't wait until the song was over he started blowing out his candles right away.Ayden, Cameron, Toni, Cori, and Ashten working on digging up dinosaur bones The kids obviously couldn't handle it so Diane, Daddy, and Grandma join in
Today, we finally had Ayden's birthday party. I was gone all day at a scrapbooking convention in Bellevue. Since I knew I'd be gone I decorated the cake and cleaned up most of the house the day before, but I left Armand to finish up. He had his mom, Mayette, come over and help him out. They did a great job getting things ready. Ayden chose to have BBQ hot dogs and hamburgers and macaroni and cheese so that's what we had, plus all of the other side dishes that Armand and Mayette made. We had a great turn out even though many other friends and family weren't able to make it out tonight. We ate dinner and opened presents, Ayden was so patient this week waiting to open his presents...I was very proud of him. After he opened everything we sang Happy Birthday and had cake, it didn't taste all that great, but it looked cute! I think everyone had a great time. Ayden said he loved the party but he was wondering why we had no games...oops I just couldn't think of game ideas and the ones I did think of I did not get together in time. There's always next year!

1 comment:

Megs said...

How fun, you are the best Mom ever!! It looks like things went well, and the cake looks AWESOME!!!! You are so talented. Call me and tell me all about the CK convention!!