Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"Look at all the Devastation!"

Our grill door was pulled right off the bottom hinge
"Mommy it's not a twig, it's a huge tree"This is the second tree that has fallen across our driveway since we moved in.
This morning, Armand came in and told me that we had a tree fall in our driveway again and that the garbage man wouldn't be able to get our garbage (you would think the easy sollution would be to move the cans across the street). I looked out the window and said, "It's just a twig, I'm pretty sure the garbage man can just drive over it." He just laughed at me. So, I went out to inspect the "twig". I guess I was wrong.
On a side note: " Look at all the devastation" is a family joke used whenever there is a storm or natural disaster, usually we only save it for the most trivial "wreckage". On a trip up to Mt St Helen's there were tons of tourists and a man was standing next to us looking at the effects of the eruption that had happened a good fifteen years before and he said, "Look at all the devastation." I don't know why we all found it funny, maybe it was his tone or maybe it was because we were just goofy kids, if he only knew it was a regularly used quote in our family.

No comments: