Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Salad Spinner Art

Ashten and Ayden getting ready to take their turns Ayden giving it a good spin
Ashten kept spinning and spinning.
"I don't like it yet"
Ashten's "turkey feathers"
Ayden and Ashten with their finished projects
For our craft today I looked online for something new to try out and I found salad spinner art. I am mostly glad I found this because I have a salad spinner, which I never use, but now I have a use for it. haha I cut out large circle out of cardstock and let the kids squirt paint on it. After that we put the lid on it and let it spin. Then I cut out the head and body and had the kids decorate with crayons and googly eyes. I think salad spinner art is going to be very popular in our house, it was surprisingly clean and took less than five minutes for me to clean everything back up.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

You are so fun and ceative. I hope my kids never see your blog because then they would realize I am not that cool. For now I have them fooled.

Those are so cute. I have never even heard od a salad spinner.

Christine said...

That is an AWESOME idea and I am totally going to steal it. Now all I need is a salad spinner - do they still sell those? Thanks for the idea.

Megs said...

What a fun idea, you are the best mom ever!! Those turkeys came out adorable!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!