Tuesday, November 11, 2008

HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY, AYDEN!!

Ayden Elijah age 1 month age 5 monthsage 8 months
age 1Five years ago on this very day I was laying in a hospital bed welcoming my first baby into the world. I remember that feeling when they laid Ayden on me. He was so amazing and I loved him instantly. I cannot believe that he is turning five today. Here are some of my favorite things about Ayden:
*He is so helpful. He will help anyone whether its Mom and Dad or his little brothers. It makes me so proud when, without being asked, he goes into Ashten's room and helps him clean.
* He is the best big brother. He is always protecting his little brothers, especially AJ.
*He loves to learn and he loves to try new things. Although this can be dangerous, it is awesome to see him discover something new.
*He loves church and he LOVES to pray. I can always count on Ayden negotiating and reasoning with me as to why it is HIS turn to pray.
*He has an awesome sense of humor. Ever since he was little, he has always been very entertaining.
*I love it when he says: Mommy, when I'm a Daddy can I go on a mission or when I'm a Daddy can I go to the store by myself...he thinks everything fun will happen when he's a Daddy.
*I love it when he sings.
*I love it when he asks me if he can write out the grocery list.
*I love when AJ is still sleeping in the morning and the first thing that Ayden and Ashten ask me is "when can we go talk to AJ?"... cause they miss him.
*I love it when out of nowhere he says, "Mommy, I love you."
*I love it when he gives a talk in primary, especially when we get to go on a date afterwards. Any alone time with him his so much fun.
Happy Birthday, Ayden! We love you!

6 comments:

Megs said...

How fun and sweet, what a great blog entry!! Happy Birthday Ayden!! Wish we could be there for your cool dinosaur party!!

Juli and Brett said...

What a cute kid he is! Would you tell him that I said Happy Birthday? I miss my primary kids...

Jaime said...

He is one of the most gorgeous boys I have EVER seen. That was beautiful to read.

Stephanie said...

Happy 5th Birthday Ayden! His 5 month picture is adorable and he looks exactly the same as he did at a year, facial features wise. He really is such a helpful, loving big brother.

Stacie said...

Sorry I am so late but happy birthday Ayden. What a sweet little guy you have, I love those pics doesn't it make you sad how fast they grow up.

Britany said...

I am so sad that we had to miss his birthday AGAIN this year! I love this post you did of his 5 years. What a great idea and so sweet. It looks like you guys had fun for his birthday, give him a kiss from us!