Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Goodbye Daddy, Hello Fun!

I'm the king of the world! Ashten
Anderson
Ben is looking for a new place to call home
This morning we took Daddy to the airport to go back to the Philippines. We are all sad and will miss him tons. The boys took it harder than ever this time, but I promised that I would keep them busy and that we'd have lots of fun. So we started off the day by going to the Commons to meet Valerie and the boys. We ate lunch and played on the train and went to Target. After Valerie left, the boys and I went over to the bookstore and looked around for awhile, we found these sticker books that the boys love for 12.95 each, so I decided that I would take them to Costco and get the same ones for just 7.49 for our upcoming road trip to Idaho. What a savings!The boys saw the Halloween Spirit store right near Costco so we went there and picked up some helmets for their Firemen costumes. All four of us had the best time trying on masks and watching the scary robotic ghouls that they had on display there. I tried to scare AJ with some of the masks and the only one that got a reaction was this one:
For a minute anyway, then he thought it was pretty funny after he figured out that it was me:
We headed to the library after that. The boys played computer games and played with the puppets and I picked up some books on tape for the road trip. I listened to my book on the way home from the library and the boys informed me of every bad word they heard.
Ayden: "Mommy, she shouldn't say 'stupid'!"
Ayden: "Why is she saying 'butt'? She shouldn't say that."
Me: "Okay, I know she shouldn't say that, but let's not keep repeating every word she says okay?"
Ashten: "butt, butt, butt"
POWER OFF!!
I guess I'll have to save my book for when the kids are listening to their movie with their headphones on!

1 comment:

Juli and Brett said...

A friend's kid is in the parrot stage. It is really cute to have kids repeat things until they repeat them in the wrong places...how embarrassing for parents. =)

I love that Lydia has such a great sense of humor. She really is perfect for that boy!