Saturday, October 18, 2008

Turkey Feathers

Ayden picking his leaves Ashten was a little confused as to what he was supposed to do at first. He came in the house with a bunch of huge dead leaves from the front porch the first time
Ashty strategically placing his tail feathers
While Ayden cuts out his turkey body
Anderson really wanted to be a part of the activity
Ayden and his finished project Ashten was so proud of the circle that he cut out for the body and the circle that he made his background paperAyden and Ashten helping AJ hold his turkey picture
AJ was sitting on my lap watching the boys color, or so I thought. I looked down to see him coloring the table so I traced AJ's hand and let him color it. He's growing up so fast.
Yesterday, Grandma Acheta came over and visited. While outside picking black berries, I saw that the blueberry bushes had turned red and for some reason that reminded me of turkey feathers. The crafter in me immediately thought about what we could do with them. So today, after a long day of doing mostly nothing, I got the kids outside to pick some leaves from the bushes, pulled out the hot glue gun, paper, scissors, and crayons and the kids got to work. I think they did an awesome job and they came out exactly as I had pictured in my head...well almost... I hadn't exactly imagined blue turkey heads.

4 comments:

Juli and Brett said...

That is such a cute idea! Those turned out well.

You are a brave woman driving 3 boys to Idaho all by yourself! Sounds like you all had a great time though...

About the digital scrapbooking, I have all the materials as well, but my pictures are digital. AND, I don't really have a good spot to keep a table with it all set up. With digital, all my materials are in my laptop. I can stop in the middle of a layout and not have a mess to clean up.

Shelly said...

What a fun project! I still remember making turkeys with my traced hand. Mine never looked as good as the boys, but I tried! Super Cute!

Jaime said...

You are such a fun mom!! Your boys are so lucky!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

very cute. i've been thinking i should have my girls do something with all the leaves that are falling. so crafty!