Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Itsy Bitsy Spiders

Ashten playing with the "Googly Eyes"Ayden building his spiderAshten with his "dancing spider"
Ayden liked using lots of colors for his spiders We were supposed to go to the Pumpkin Patch today, but all week I have been preparing for Super Saturday and after a stressful week and a long day we decided that it would be more fun to go on Monday for Family Home Evening. Luckily we did, because I had planned to have the kids make these little spider candies to give out to their friends and teachers and today was pretty much the last day to get it done so that we could hand them out at church on Sunday. The kids did a lot of whining! They really didn't seem to want to do an activity, which was very frustrating to me cause I would have been fine taking a nap or watching tv. After awhile, they... well Ayden anyway, got into it and made all of the goodies for his class, his "3" teachers (I think he only has one), and two for himself. We had a pretty good time...well I did anyway. Just a little side note: On Thursday, I picked up 30 of these peppermint candies for their project and I came home later that day after some other errands and found that the three kids had eaten all but 3 of them!

5 comments:

The VanderHoevens said...

YUM - Josh brought 2 of these home - one for me - I didn't have any idea where he got them - from you?

Anonymous said...

Those were from you guys? Ella brought one home from nursery- so cute! Thanks!

J and H Hunsaker said...

Amie you Rock!!!!!!!!!!!! My Mom loved them so she took one home to recreate!!!!

Megs said...

Great job, they turned out awesome!!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

i didn't realize those were from you. thanks so much. i had a little taste of izy's! i wish i had your creativeness!