Thursday, October 9, 2008

Road Trip!

Anderson, Ashten, and Ayden waiting for Cassi, Gavin, and Storm to leave Our first stop: George, Washington

Just some of the sounds I heard for 14 hours

My view for 800 miles (Cassi's car)
I decided that while Armand was gone, the boys and I would drive over to Rexburg and visit with the Guddat family. So last night, we packed all of our bags so that we could head out bright and early in the morning. Cassi and Gavin are moving to Rexburg and happened to be leaving along with Storm this same weekend, so we followed them out. It took us 14 long hours to get here. I'm not sure what I was thinking. The kids did pretty well considering they were in the car for that long. It's funny when you get in a car how the number of times that you need to use the restroom...quadruples. After we got in, we visited for awhile and then set up beds and sent the kids off. Unfortunately, my boys did not understand that we were not going home. They both cried and asked to go home! They must have enjoyed the 14 hours in the car?!?
Here are a few funny things said on the trip:
The last time we went to Idaho we stayed in the Super 8 Hotel. So, as we were leaving Federal Way right before you get on the freeway there is a Super 8 on the left side of the road. Ayden says: "Mom look!! There's Idaho!"

One time, while driving 80 mph, in the last few hours before arriving in Rexburg, where it is just flat and there is nothing around.
Ayden says: Mommy! Are we even going?!? I asked what he meant. He said:"Are we even moving? It looks the same!"

No comments: