Thursday, June 12, 2008

Our One Sunny Day for the Month

The boys brought their blankies and some books.

AJ is "scared" of the grass so he can't go far on this sheet.
The little monkey climbed trees.

A couple weeks ago at playgroup the girls were talking about a book they had pretty much all read so when Haley came over on Wednesday she brought over the first book in the series so that I could borrow it. I wasn't sure about it because they said it was a love story about vampires which is not my style. But I also thought that witches and wizards weren't my style before I read the first Harry Potter in only hours. So, I sat down with it late Wednesday night and read about 30 pages. I wondered how much reading I would get done during the day with three boys trapped in the house with me all day. Luckily for me it was the nicest day out. So, I read while they played. We had a picnic outside, the kids brought their blankies,"babies", and books. Ayden took a nap out in the sun (faked it anyway for about 30 seconds) and would "wake up" saying Ashten is being too loud in his best sleepy voice. We all got a little tan, except for Ayden who got a little black. Other than the allergies (which were nasty) it was a fun and relaxing day. I won't count on sun for tomorrow though. Oh, and I finished my book, all 500 pages of it.

2 comments:

J and H Hunsaker said...

Okay it is about time SUMMER showed up!!! I too was outside with the childrens. Also my interest is now peaked i need to read that book now

The VanderHoevens said...

You must have liked it! No one reads a 500 page book overnight that doesn't love it. Does Haley have #2? You have to have 2 and 3 read before #4 comes out in August!! Then the movie comes out December 12th.....not that I am counting down or anything......