Saturday, June 28, 2008

Puppet Show

The Zambini Brothers Ashten and Ayden had a great time til the end when Ayden starting calling across the room at me, "When is this going to be over?" How embarrassing.
The Library is having their summer reading program which we signed the boys up for this week. They only need to read 10 books and then they get a whole bunch of things including, a free pizza, a backpack, a ticket to the Mayor's Summer Reading Celebration at the Point Defiance Zoo, and a few other things. They also have all kinds of free activities/ events at all of the Tacoma Libraries. Today they had The Zambini Brothers, Puppeteers. The show was called "The Fattest Cat on Earth!" We walked across the street to the library to watch the show. At first, AJ screamed he was so scared of the puppets. The big boys were laughing their heads off it was so cute. After awhile AJ noticed all the kids were laughing and he was loving it! He could not stop giggling. After the show was over the boys reported all the books that we had read and got their rewards. Ayden and Ashten LOVE to read books so we whipped right through their 10 books in two days. Anderson still has about 7 more books to go before he finishes his reading. Kristin came over for dinner and we watched a movie and ate way too much junk. It was a great day!

I haven't blogged much because Armand has the camera but I want to have the record of what we did this week so here's a very brief summary.

On Friday, we ran over to JoAnn's to pick up some paper for Ward scrapbooking night. Afterwards we were supposed to meet Wes and Kristin at McDonald's for an ice cream cone but we were running early. So since we needed to kill some time we ran over to the DI to look for any new board games they may have. The kids found Hungry Hungry Hippos, Wee Little Piggies, and a puzzle for Ayden. Ashten got this sword thing which is already broken and in the trash, thank goodness. They love DI probably because they get to have pretty much whatever they want there, although sometimes I say no because it's so dirty looking I don't want it at my house. After, we ran over to McD's. The boys played and ate ice cream.

On Thursday, I was talking to Heather H. and she was saying she was going grocery shopping with her 3 kids alone. I didn't know what she was thinking haha. So we joined her. First we went over to Subway in Twin Lakes, which I do NOT recommend to anyone with children or wanting to sit while eating during lunch time. The place is tiny there are only about 4 tables. Definitely NOT kid friendly. After we headed over to WinCo for some crazy grocery shopping.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun, I need to do that for Olivia- what library was it at- fed way or tacoma? Next time you go- call me- I've wanted to go but didn't know when they were!!!

Megs said...

Dang Gina, I'm so far behind I had to push "older posts" three times before I got caught up!! You're doing a great job blogging, I could sure learn a few things from you!! You are a great Mom, always doing fun family things!! We miss you tons!!

amie979 said...

Ashley, we just go over to Kobetich. I think the next event in July 16th or something I will send out an email to all playgroup so everyone will know.

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

library fun...call me too. we should've gone grocery shopping with you too. some guy at the store said to me, wow your cart is already full (of kids). i forgot about scrapbooking too..i really need to make it to one of those nights.