Friday, August 8, 2008

"Ashten Did It!"

Poor Baby,he was not happy!Notice the shoes...he DID try to go to the doctor's office like that.
Luckily, I noticed BEFORE we left the house.

I was folding laundry when I heard Ayden screaming. He came in from outside and his thumb was gushing blood. I tried to calm him so he could tell me what happened and he said, "the thing you cut hair from your leg cut me". I told him to show me and he took me outside to where a disposable razor was sitting. First thing he said was, "Ashten did it" (At the time Ashten was in the house playing with AJ in his crib.) I cleaned it up put a Band-Aid and some of the wrap I had around my arm from donating blood the night before. I called the doctor (I was avoiding the emergency room) and they had him come in. Luckily, he did not get stitches even though it was deep, it's a hard place to stitch up. Dr. Naylor was not there so Dr. Takahashi looked at his thumb and was very impressed with my wrap job. HAHA When the RN came in she put in Toy Story for the boys to watch while tried to clean and bandage it back up. Then we were on our way home!


Now here's my "temporarily insane" moment of the day: On the way home we were driving down Hoyt in front of QFC and this old, old, old man comes out of the QFC parking lot, heading towards the suicide lane instead he changed his mind and cut RIGHT in front of me going SOOO slow I SLAMMED on my brakes HARD and honked. It was a VERY close call! Ashten woke up and was screaming he was scared and mad at me cause "you woke me up, Mommy" and Ayden was completely freaked out screaming and had hit his mouth on the seat in front of him. I continued on my way home but then I thought I just want to follow him for a minute, well he lives like a street away from us so I pulled in behind him at his house. Here is our conversation:
Me: "Excuse me sir, but you need to watch where you are going"
Him: "I didn't scare you that bad did I?"
Me: "I have 3 screaming children in the car who are scared, you just need to watch where you are going."
Him: "I was watching very carefully"
Me: "If you were watching very carefully, you wouldn't have almost taken out my whole family and my kids wouldn't be screaming right now."
That was it, he didn't even say sorry or anything. So I went home crying, of course. I know I'm crazy, but how often do you get to tell the person that could have hurt all of your babies what you think?

4 comments:

J and H Hunsaker said...

You go girl!!!! would you consider that road rage??? just kidding. Glad to know that all is okay and he didn't need stitches. This all must have happened after I dropped by, what a day.

amie979 said...

HAHA I definitly have road rage...but I wasn't mean about it. I said it all very nicely! If that makes me any less crazy;)

Stephanie said...

I don't think you're crazy, although depending on how old he was he may forget the conversation pretty bad. That sucks that he was not even sorry, which means he probably cuts in front of people all the time and will continue to do so. Next time maybe your kids won't be in the car (yeah right) and you can just hit him and then make him pay for it!

Stephanie said...

Whoops, I meant pretty quick! I really should re-read what I type.