Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Do They Ever Get Tired?

PLAYGROUP
Ayden got this log in the water and all the kids had fun riding on it like it was a boat.
Just SOME of the kids at playgroup today. I believe there was 24 children and babies in all.
Someone thought AJ "needed" a donut
Mommy got bored and buried me...HELP!!
We returned to Dash Point Park for playgroup being prepared with swimsuits, towels, food and toys. We were expecting the tide to be out as just last week it was way out making the water warm and making it so there was sand (not rocks) to dig in right next to the water. The kids didn't care they had an awesome time. We had a huge group this week for some reason and all the kids seemed happy to see their friends. We stayed for several hours. I was trying to avoid going home before the next event planned, which started at 2pm.
KID'S FEST
The first thing the boys wanted to do was get balloons made. Ashten's is a sword and Ayden got a motorcycle. Which I was very impressed by.

Our stroller looked like a pack mule especially after we went to all the boothes. Aj kept turning around and grabbing the boys toys and freebies out of the bags.

The giant bouncy slide was Ayden's favorite part
Ashten had fun despite the look on his face
Children's Hospital gave the kids free tats
The boys are hard at work on their suncatchers
Hi-5

We left Dash Point Park at 1:30pm and went over to Jack in the Box for a Diet Coke (I needed caffeine) and some waters for the boys. At Steel Lake today it is the annual "Kid's Fest". It's a free event the only things that cost are cotton candy and the bouncy toys which were only $2.00 for a day pass. That's my kind of price. There were 15 or so booths with games to play and prizes and lots of free samples. There were also craft tables for the kids to paint, play play doh, etc. The also played on the HUGE big toy that Steel Lake has and after hitting all the booths, craft tables, and bouncy toys, we went down to the water. I was exhausted and we had been out for 5 hours at this point. I was thinking that they should be ready to go soon but they continued to play with the sand toys there. While they did that I read. At 5:30pm I told the kids we were going to get some dinner and they still didn't want to go. I can't believe how much energy they have. I was even surprised that AJ was being so good considering he had not had a nap all day. EIGHT hours later we were back home! I'm beat but it was sooo worth it the boys had SO much fun, or as Ayden put it...."it was super super fun"!

3 comments:

The VanderHoevens said...

You are an awesome mom! I am not letting my kids see this since they were planning on going to Kid Day if Ben had not gotten sick. I bet your kids crashed when they got home.

amie979 said...

Yeah right, I put them to bed at 7:15pm and at 9:30pm they were coming out asking for water etc. I was SOOO mad! That't why I had to call it Do they ever get tired;)

Megs said...

Wow, I'm tired just reading about that day!! HOw fun!!