Saturday, September 6, 2008

Do The Puyallup...Again!

Nofo, Mariah, Marisela, Anderson, Me, Armand

John, Liliana

Nofo Jr, Ayden, Ashten

Our first stop was the fire trucks! Where the 5 big kids got Puyallup Fireman Tattoos. Home Depot had a kids workshop booth that allowed the kids to color on a tile that they got to take home. They each got a free apron and a pin to take home also. We had done this the day before so we have a little collection of tiles now.Afterwards, we rode on the train while the husbands and babies waited at the "train station"

We have only been at the Fair for an hour or so and the thumb is already in the mouth which means he's tired. I was surprised that he made it all the way til 930pm before he snuck a 10 minute nap in (He couldn't sleep with all the screaming going on at the Hypnotist show!)

While we were riding the train the kids saw this canoe ride. It was SO hot I think we were all thinking and hoping to get a little wet so we could cool off too bad it was a fairly dry ride.

Ashten with his new shades (he likes to wear them just like Daddy) and LilianaAJ after lunch and after his piece of licoriceAyden and Ashten (on my lap and I DID scream my head off) had gone on a little slide the day before but today we saw this GIANT SLIDE...it was all Ayden could think about. He climbed up the stairs all by himself, got sat down ,and waited for the worker to give him a push. He said his legs got really tired walking up all those stairs but he loved the slide down!! We were all proud of him for being so brave.While we waited for the Marionette Show to start Armand took Ayden over to ride on the carsAnderson waiting for the Puppet Show to start. He loves shoes right now...He is always taking them and trying to put his foot in them. It's so cute to watch him discover new things and scary also to watch him attempt things that he sees brothers doingALL the kids LOVED the show but when it came time for Ayden to meet Pinocchio (which he had waited patiently for about 10 minutes for his turn) he would not smile for the picture.
5 big kids waiting for their Daddys
This tree was outside of the stage where the hypnotist was. While Nofo, Mariah, Marisola, and Armand watched the show for a few minutes, I stayed out and watched the kids. This is what they came up with to do. Hey at least they were busy...but I got some of my favorite "you're a freak show" looks. I had six kids under 7 with me. Oh, by the way when we parked the lady at the house we parked at said "Wow you have a preschool with you today" HAHA Yesterday, we went to the Fair for "playgroup". We didn't have a camera and haven't had one all week...bummer! I've dropped very obvious hints that I would like one of my very own for my upcoming birthday, I am crossing my fingers. Anyways, we had been invited to go roller skating (scary) by Mariah but luckily the husbands decided that the Fair would be a better idea. Thank goodness!!! We had a great time with the Ngata Family. All of the kids had so much fun spending the whole day together.

Some parts that we didn't get pictures of but have to be mentioned:

  • We went over to catch a Mutton Bustin' competition and along the way Ashten was separated from our group. Luckily, after a few minutes of splitting up and searching Armand found him over by a Laser Tag place waiting in line. Thank goodness he found him and just in time, I was having a hard time holding back tears and vomit.
  • After the canoe ride that was obviously only for kids I told Ayden that I REALLY wanted to go on a ride in one of the canoes to which Ayden replied. "Mommy, the canoe ride is for kids and I don't want to hear any crying OR whining" HAHA Where did he hear that from?
  • We stayed for the last showing of the Travis Fox hypnotist show. It was SO funny. I wasn't sure how the kids would do. We got a seat about an hour before it started plus the show is about an hour which is a LONG time for 7 kids to sit still. They ran around for awhile but once the show got started and the people were hypnotized the kids got really into it. They moved right up to the floor in front of the stage and sat there. Their favorite part was the end when the 4 remaining people acted out the Lady Marmalade as Pink, Maya, Little Kim, and Christina Aguilera (a big black guy played her and he stole the show!!)
  • On the way out after a whole day of being asked "Mommy, Daddy can I get a trumpet?" We finally gave in. They were five dollars and we did not know what we were getting ourselves into when we finally agreed. They are SO loud!! The kids and I stood at the gate while some of our group went to the bathroom. The Fair was almost over so people were pouring out of the gates. The kids played their trumpets "beautifully" giving the fair-goers migraines as they left. People suggested putting a hat out so they could throw money in it for them. Others just looked at me like the felt bad for me. Some rolled their eyes...like the Fair is supposed to be a quiet place! Luckily for Armand and I they are fair toys and they will be lost or broken before the week is over!

I love that I get to take my kids to the Fair just like my Mom took us when we were little. I have so many memories of the Fair from when I was young and I get so excited to share those memories with them and give them memories that they can share with their kids.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! Hey Ella does the exact same thing with shoes... maybe they are meant to be together- or maybe its just the age.. :) Glad you had fun- and too bad we didn't run into eachother on friday!

~*~Mariah~*~ said...

I love the pictures!!!
They all look so cute, did Armand tell you that my son thinks you live at the fair? Yesterday morning before we stopped by Nofo jr says to me "mom I want to go to the fair to see my buddies" I tried to tell him that you didn't live there...
When we got to your house, he finally believed me that you didn't live at the fair! :)

We had a blast, i'm so glad we did it!

Jaime said...

I love the fair. It is always so much fun. I still can't get over how darn handsome your boys are.

Monica said...

Oh how I miss the Puyallup fair!

This week is the Utah county fair, and can you believe it, no fair day. Whats up with that? The best part of the fair was getting a day off of school.