Friday, September 12, 2008

Just Breathe...

Me and AJ waiting for the X-ray, I know I look great especially in my X-ray Apron. AJ and the nebulizer are NOT friends
At the ER Anderson found a deck of cards and brought it to his room. He had fun taking one card at a time and throwing it into this basket. He did this with about 20 cards.
This morning started out kind of boring. Anderson woke up at about 8am. He had a banana and a cup of milk and went back to bed, nothing out of the usual for him. At 11am he woke up again and was kind of wheezing. I thought it was weird but decided he was probably getting a cold. We ate lunch and he went back to bed, I actually thought maybe I should call the doctor cause it was kind of bothering me that he went from fine to wheezing so quickly and that he was VERY cranky, but decided to just see what happens. At 4pm he woke up again and this time he was having a super hard time breathing. I called his doctor's office right away and they had us come in immediately. They gave him two treatments with the nebulizer right away. This is a horrible thing to watch. He screamed the whole time and fought as hard as he could to get away from it (pulling the tubing out with his toes, grabbing and kicking the nurses, at one point he pulled the tubing so hard the whole nebulizer crashed to the floor.) AJ, Me, and the 2 nurses that were holding him down were exhausted and sweaty by the time we were done. It didn't seem to help him as much as they would like, so we went to get an X-ray. Afterwards, we had one more treatment but the Doctor didn't feel comfortable sending me home so she sent us over to Mary Bridge Children's Hospital. They took good care of him and gave him some medication and a machine to take home if we need it. Unfortunately, they don't know for sure what is from but they believe he just has some sort of bronchial infection. I am thankful for the doctors and nurses at Mary Bridge, they seem to love the kids they take care of. It was nice that they were willing to entertain and make AJ happy during an unhappy time for him. I am also thankful that Wes and Kristin could pickup Mom and Dad at the airport while this was happening and that Valerie was able to come get my big boys from the Doctors. I don't know what we would do without family and friends who are willing to help us out, especially at times like this.

1 comment:

Cook family said...

That is so scary. Hopefully everthing will be ok.