Thursday, September 18, 2008

Practice Makes Perfect

"Somethings can happen to make us scared or sad""We can pray to ask for help"
"When Joseph Smith was a young boy and little he prayed and asked which church is true""Can you whisper in my ear Mom ... Heavenly Father answered his prayer"
"I know ... I can pray ... to Heavenly Father ... because He loves me"

This video is dark (darn) but you can hear how cute he is when he's singing the song to go with his talk.

Ayden gets to say the talk in Primary on Sunday. He is really excited because last time he gave a talk, I took him on a special date (we went to Dairy Queen and shared a banana split). So he got up the other day and said, "Mom, can we work on my talk?" I told him that I had it all written up and ready for him. So he ran off calling to me that I had promised we could work on it. I was planning on photocopying some pictures that fit with the talk. When I came into the kitchen where he wanted to work I found him with a stack of my scrapbook papers and a hand drawn picture of Heavenly Father and Jesus and he was already cutting out hearts. At this point I hadn't even read him the talk that I had in mind...so I changed it a little to fit with his drawings. This is Ayden practicing for Daddy. The table that is in front of him is his "podium" and that black thing in his hand is his "microphone". Ayden is growing up so much and I am SO proud of him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is soooo cute! You're such a great mom!

Juli and Brett said...

Please tell Ayden that I wish I could be there for his talk, but I am giving a talk in my ward on Sunday too! Him singing that song is so precious. It is nice to know that some of the songs have stuck with him. He didn't usually sing in Primary.

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

that was adorable! your boys are so cute! i love your cakes too!